This role is accountable for the quality, timeliness, and execution of customer Building Automation Systems. The successful candidate will assist in developing cost estimates for project quotations and will help in developing a complete scope of work for projects. This role is focused on ensuring customer satisfaction through direct customer interfacing and continuous communications. The ideal candidate would have JCI Controls and/or other BAS systems experience. Must adhere to all customer, job site, and Tweet/Garot safety standards and protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the main point of contact for the BAS Department.
- Works with the Estimating Department in providing BAS quotes on projects.
- Attends pre-bid walkthroughs as needed.
- Manages and assists in securing drawings and materials for new projects.
- Develop and distribute subcontractor work as required.
- Negotiates, prepares, and issues subcontracts for electrical, graphics, etc.
- Attends job meetings as needed, and actively identifies, quotes, and pursues change orders.
- Provides monthly job cost projections within Viewpoint to management.
- Manages monthly billings with the Accounting Department.
- Works with other trades to ensure all required work is complete prior to system startups.
- Works with customers on scheduling owner training.
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with owners, contractors, construction managers, facilities departments, and subcontractors.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing Commercial or Industrial HVAC/BAS projects.
- Additional field experience with controls installation and interaction is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Industrial/Commercial HVAC and in Building Automation Systems and integration.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in energy management, building commissioning and/or systems diagnostics/troubleshooting.
- In-depth understanding and ‘hands-on’ experience with any or all of the following systems: HVAC, electrical, building automation/controls, boilers, air-conditioning, and/or chillers.
- Must have the ability to read and understand HVAC blueprints and specifications.
- Strong ability to review and evaluate prints, drawings, schematics and written sequences of operation to develop a point list, controller selection, labor and materials estimate.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
T/G is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer