The Building Automation Systems Engineer will perform preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, set-ups, commissioning, and general servicing of building automation systems. This role requires a strong desire and ability to problem-solve, high attention to detail, ability to maintain focus, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position reports to the Director of Building Automation.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety, and the willingness to learn and communicate should be the candidate’s top priorities. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
We are willing to train the right candidate, which may include a fully compensated Journeyman apprenticeship program.
Description of Duties:
• Installation of field devices.
• Installation and termination of communication cable.
• Follow all Tweet Garot and customer safety standards.
• Set up, check out, functional testing and commissioning using developed and tested company standards.
• Communicate with the customer and PM upon arrival and before departure of the nature of work provided and outstanding items.
• Provide jobsite coordination with other trades for final locations and requirements of components.
• Attend job meetings as needed.
• Provide accurate as built and commissioning documentation.
• Perform training for final owner/operator.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with owners, contractor, construction manager, facilities department, and subcontractors.
Preferred Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, accredited Journeyman status, or related field of expertise
• N4 certification
• Knowledge and experience with tridium systems including workbench
• 5 plus years of Building automation experience desired
• Knowledge and experience with JCI CCT
• Ability to balance project workflow and coordination
• Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
• Knowledge and experience with electronic control devices and functionality.
• Knowledge and experience of AC motors and drives.
• Knowledge and experience of mechanical and HVAC systems.
• Preferred experience in Tridium and JCI FX product lines.
• AC & DC electrical concepts and measurement knowledge.
• Fundamentals of current, voltage and resistance.
• Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering sequence of operations.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, talk and/or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
• The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER