The Custom Equipment Designer will take awarded projects from the customer contact thru
installation. Utilize design software such as Autodesk Vault, or similar software, to build the
project solution’s design through fabrication will focus on accuracy, clarity, and constructability.
Description of Duties:
- Lead design projects: communicate with fabrication team, customers & industry partners
- Prepare models, drawings, layouts, production drawings (detail and assembly drawings),
- and construction installation drawings with minimal supervision.
- Proficient knowledge of technical designs and applies Tweet/Garot CED modeling, drawing, and numbering standards.
- Provide preliminary drawings, calculations, sizing of equipment, and design/hours to assist in estimating.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Reviews work for accuracy and completeness prior to drawing release as quality check
- Collaborate with the shop fabrication team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Continues learning and developing new processes in the industry and technology.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in the food and beverage/sanitary industries.
- 10+ years of experience utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD or comparable software to generate 3D models.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Vault or similar software systems.
- Understanding of metal fabrication & welding practices.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Viewpoint.
- Proven record of remaining organized and taking action with difficult situation or projects.
- Able to effectively define, manage, and communicate priorities.
- Self-motivated, open-minded, and results and action-oriented.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
T/G is an equal employment opportunity employer.