The Engineering Intern will learn building systems by preparing routine layouts, detailed drawings, and sketches in conjunction with our Engineering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate, research, and analyze data such as customer needs, building loads, and code requirements
• Use Autodesk Revit to model building systems for fabrication and installation.
• Produce drawings and layouts based on engineering and project management outlines, sketches, or drafts
• Utilize knowledge of various thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, engineering practices, building mechanical systems, mathematics, building materials, and other physical science to complete designs
• Communicate with engineering team, account managers, account managers, project managers, and field installation team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Occasionally perform engineering administrative duties, which may include: drawing revisions, calculations, plotting, etc.
• Size and select equipment based on system design
• Use computerized load calculation software to model building heating and cooling loads
• Assist in assembly of code compliance review packages to support project schedules
• Participate in internship program activities and company-sponsored events
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Must be pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or a similar building construction related program
• Must be proficient with the use of software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Bluebeam, or Adobe Acrobat
• Previous experience with a building information modeling system such as Autodesk Revit is preferred
• Must be willing to relocate to De Pere, WI during the internship
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
Please submit your application and resume, if available, to: [email protected]
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER