The Estimator will analyze RFQ/RFP’s, and other documentation to prepare a quality bid for our customers in a timely manner. You will be given the autonomy to lead and develop contract proposal estimates of the piping work scope, driving successful results with a high level of detail and technical analysis. This includes analyzing P&IDs, drawings, specifications, proposals, subcontractor and commodity solicitation, and prepare complete mechanical piping installation estimates for healthcare, commercial, paper, cardboard, coal/fossil generators, gas-fired generation, refineries, and chemical plants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately perform takeoffs and compile estimates for HVAC and Industrial Piping Projects.
• Compute cost factors and prepare estimates, organize, and schedule work; prepare bids; selecting Vendors or Subcontractors; and determine cost effectiveness.
• Assist with research to establish accurate hourly productivity rates or other related cost data.
• Work closely with the Account/Project manager to coordinate the bid process.
• Investigate union labor availability and productivity in various markets and regions.
• Assist with analyzing completed projects, comparing the estimated costs to actual costs, and determining reasons for any discrepancies.
• Assist in developing the piping database of assemblies, equipment, and materials
• Consult with Subcontractors, Vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, and resolve issues.
• Provide improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
• Support final proposal assembly and proposal review process with Client to Award of Project.
• Frequent use of software including multiple Microsoft Products.
• Perform additional assignments as directed by the Estimating Director.
Preferred Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• 3 years of experience in the field of estimating (preferred).
• Strong knowledge of the Multiple Piping Markets that Tweet/Garot performs work in is preferred (Food Processing Plants, Healthcare, Paper Mills, etc.).
• Organized with the ability to coordinate data, plans, and personnel.
• Detail-oriented work methods that maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Demonstrate the ability to utilize technology including MS Office, estimating hardware, estimating software, and Company proprietary software.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
• Strong analytic ability and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate strong motivational and leadership skills to ensure that all team members support bids.
• Demonstrate ability to extrapolate knowledge gained from lessons learned and apply to future bids
• Adaptable to changing priorities and workloads
• Occasional travel to job sites may be required
• Interpretation and understanding of construction schedules
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility in work schedule and hours to meet due dates
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, Wrightstown, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER