As an HVAC Designer/Engineer you will work with other engineers, field craft-people, Owners, Architects, and building code officials to achieve project design goals. This role contributes to creating project plans as required and providing status updates to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner. Engineers are involved in the development of new or improved processes and/or equipment to facilitate the introduction of a new product or an improvement in cost, quality, or delivery of existing products.
Description of Duties:
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations with standard industry software (Carrier HAP or Trane Trace, or similar software)
- Perform hands-on Building Information Modeling using the Autodesk REVIT platform
- Understand both constant and variable flow air and water systems, and properly apply equipment to work with these systems
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for the intended application
- Communicate with equipment vendors to determine requirements for applying products
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects
- Select, specify and schedule major equipment with limited oversight by senior staff
- Design and layout both air and water-side systems in working BIM models
- Coordinate with other disciplines and trades, including fire protection, electrical, plumbing, architectural and structural.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to complete a project design
- Assure drawings and designs are in accordance with local codes and design standards
- Participate in design review meetings and workshops with Owners and other project stakeholders
- Resolve a variety of complex design challenges, including conflicting project requirements, budgets, and application of different system types, or challenging field conditions
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited university
- 4 to 8 years of experience in designing HVAC systems for industrial, health care, hospitality or commercial projects
- AutoCAD and REVIT MEP experience or familiarity is preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Engineer registration recognized by a state licensing board is preferred
- Knowledge in building controls is preferred
- Occasional travel to project sites, client locations, and other Tweet/Garot shop and office facilities
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists
of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and
install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
Please submit your application and resume, if available, to: [email protected]
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit tweetgarot.com.