The Industrial Piping Account Manager is a customer-based position in that the successful candidate possesses the ability to communicate solutions based on customer requests. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the management of the customer’s industrial
piping projects from concept (lead) to completion, ensuring the customer is 100% satisfied with the work performed. Industrial customers include general manufacturing, food process, chemical plants, paper mills, and power plants. A high degree of leadership, Industrial piping,
project controls, estimating, and project management is required to ensure the timely delivery of projects and initiatives.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor and maintain customer relationships to cultivate leads and opportunities within the industrial sector – develop/support existing/new customer base
- Develop piping estimates from project documentation such as material lists, piping schematics, P&ID’s, and general arrangement drawings.
- Provides constructive input entire project proposals prior to submission and participate in project interviews
- Negotiating and interpreting contracts.
- Establish an effective site safety program is in place to identify and correct safety hazards, responds to safety audit findings, reinforces safety practices, attitudes and makes sure all employees attend and participate in safety meetings.
- Analyze a project during all phases and develops alternative methods to shorten schedules and increase profits.
- Provide weekly/monthly project cost projections utilizing the Viewpoint (Vista) software platform
- Develops project cost tracking and productivity tools for ensuring project productivity goals
- Develops project staffing and manpower plans using scheduling software or similar tools
- Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of subcontractors to ensure effective performance in accordance with contract terms, project schedules and requirements of the client.
- Tracks change orders and communicate them to the customer for approval as they occur.
- Distributes and collects customer post job meetings.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the Construction Industry (candidates with a related degree and less than 20 years’ experience may be considered).
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager in the Industrial Industry.
- College degree or a 5-year steamfitter apprenticeship is preferred
- Background in piping projects with detailed knowledge of piping, valves, and pipe insulation systems
- Experience with Weld Pipe Specifications, Proficiency Qualification Records, B31, NCPWB
- Experience with spooling programs such as ACORN, Plant 3D, Revit
- Experienced using Scheduling programs such as MS Project, Primavera or similar.
- Intermediate general computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer.
- Daily office tasks will require periods of walking and standing and may require some light lifting of boxes or office equipment.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment, when required.
- May be required to travel nationally to manage projects.
- On Site management will be required depending on project size and complexity
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
T/G is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer