The IT Support Specialist is to provide technical support and assistance to our employees in resolving issues related to hardware, software, network, and peripherals. Act upon inbound phone calls or emails from end users with technical support issues and/or questions. Work with other team members to resolve issues, either assigned to them or to other team members needing assistance. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by our organization. Applicants must also have a high appreciation for customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial set up of user accounts, computers, and printers
- Assist in resolving helpdesk requests in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot connectivity and network issues
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Updating computer hardware and software
- Assist with new and existing projects as needed
- Consulting with IT managers and other departments as required
- Training end-users on hardware functionality and software programs
- Resolving logged errors in a timely manner
- Monitoring hardware, software, and system performance metrics
- Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Professional Experience: 1-2 years of IT support experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Servers, networking, cloud architecture, automation and scripting, and security protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in DePere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER