The Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple projects from concept (lead) to completion ensuring the customer is 100% satisfied with the work performed. Markets include healthcare, commercial, and manufacturing. High degree of leadership, piping, HVAC, plumbing, project controls, estimating, and project management is required to ensure the timely delivery of projects and initiatives.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor and maintain customer relationships to cultivate leads and opportunities within the market sector.
- Develop estimates from project documentation such as drawings, material lists, schematics, P&ID’s and general arrangement drawings.
- Provides constructive input entire project proposals prior to submission and participate in project interviews.
- Negotiating and interpreting contracts.
- Establish an effective site safety program is in place to identify and correct safety hazards, responds to safety audit findings, reinforces safety practices, attitudes and makes sure all employees attend and participate in safety meetings.
- Analyze a project during all phases and develops alternative methods to shorten schedules and increase profits.
- Provide weekly/monthly project cost projections utilizing the Viewpoint (Vista) software platform.
- Develops project cost tracking and productivity tools for ensuring project productivity goals.
- Develops project staffing and manpower plans using scheduling software or similar tools.
- Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of subcontractors to ensure effective performance in accordance with contract terms, project schedules and requirements of the client.
- Tracks change orders and communicate them to the client for approval as they occur.
- Distributes and collects client post job meetings.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction Industry (candidates with a related degree and less than 10 years’ experience may be considered).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager in the Industrial Industry.
- College degree or a 5 year trade apprenticeship preferred.
- Background in HVAC, Piping and plumbing.
- Experienced using Scheduling programs such as MS Project, Primavera or similar.
- Experience managing new construction and maintenance projects exceeding $10 million.
- Experience managing up to 50 jobsite employees.
- Intermediate general computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer.
- Daily office tasks will require periods of walking and standing and may require some light lifting of boxes or office equipment.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment, when required.
- Must be willing to travel nationally to manage projects.
- On Site management will be required depending on project size and complexity.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere and Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services.
We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
Please submit your application and resume, if available, to: [email protected]
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit tweetgarot.com.