The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for supporting our payroll process. In this role, you will work with members of the HR team to ensure pay is processed on time and accurately. The successful candidate will be a strong problem solver and demonstrate a willingness to learn. As a member of the HR team, there is the opportunity to branch out and support various HR and Safety functions.
All payroll processes vary; we are committed to providing on-the-job training. Tweet/Garot has a fantastic culture, and we continue to grow!
Who’s right for the job?
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to Work Independently
- Excellent Customer Service
- Wonderful Communication Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Basic knowledge of payroll
- Union knowledge a plus
Description of Duties:
- Support the processing of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for 700+ employees
- Computes wages and deductions, reviews for accuracy, and posts to payroll records that are aligned with the multiple unions CBAs
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, fringes, union benefits, and garnishments for each employee to update master payroll records
- Research, resolve and identify corrections for all payroll inaccuracies.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Prepares and issues paychecks
- Support the HR onboarding process
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, benefits information, etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Assist employees with benefits as well as open enrollment
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll
- Union knowledge a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Strong integrity to ensure strict confidentiality and protection of employee information
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Wrightstown, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing services and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. offers employees meaningful benefits including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit tweetgarot.com.