The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for performing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. In this role, you will ensure pay is processed on-time and accurately. The successful candidate will be a strong problem solver, have incredible attention to detail, excel in a high-pressure environment, have a personal drive for excellence, and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
All payroll processes vary; we are committed to providing on-the-job training. Tweet/Garot has a fantastic culture, and we continue to grow!
Who’s right for the job?
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently, thriving in high-pressure environments with tight deadlines
• Strong customer service and communication abilities
• Eagerness to learn
• Outstanding work ethic and personal drive for excellence
• Union knowledge a plus
Description of Duties:
• Manage the processing of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for a large employee base from data entry through distribution of paychecks
• Review and verify payroll inputs for completeness and accuracy
• Balances to GL and prepares journal entries if necessary
• Computes wages and deductions, reviews for accuracy, and posts to payroll records that are aligned with the multiple unions CBAs
• Submit payroll records to union databases
• Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
• Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, fringes, union benefits, and garnishments for each employee to update master payroll records
• Promptly research, identify, and resolve any payroll inaccuracies
• Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
• Prepares and issues paychecks
• Act as a resource for employees regarding payroll-related queries
• Collaborate with HR and other departments to ensure seamless integration of benefits and payroll processes
• Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, benefits information, etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Strong integrity to ensure strict confidentiality and protection of employee information
Preferred Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll
• Associate degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• Experience with payroll software and automated systems
• Familiarity with relevant labor laws, tax regulations, and compliance requirements
• Experience with labor unions
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in DePere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER