The objective of a Pipe Preparation Lead is to leverage all pipe cut and prep equipment to cut pipe at a high level of quality, in a timely manner, with minimal scrap, lead a team in the duties of receiving material essential to the operation, maintain proper documentation of material, evaluate and build team members in the preparation of pipe material necessary for production.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage daily time to maximize output and quality
- Organize and facilitate internal and external storage space for pipe material
- Organize and facilitate proper documentation of all pipe material
- Prepare and cut carbon/stainless steel tube and pipe
- Operate the 6-axis cutter, along with all other assigned pipe prepping and cutting equipment
- Stay up to date with all rigging/crane signaling/overhead crane operator training
- Stage an organized and well-kept work area that maximizes material movement efficiency
- Follow prescribed safety regulations
- Organize, label, and stage material (pipe and fittings) by job
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for pipe cutting equipment
- Manage consumables to minimize downtime and maximize run time
- Schedule incoming job cut lists, so all trades and jobs get the material needed to maintain workload and customer schedule deadlines
- Consistently and accurately label and stage all cut material
- Assist in the fabrication of piping systems and products, as needed
- Communicate with team members to construct material for fabrication
- Assist in the loading and unloading of material to be cut
- Attend relevant meetings or continuing education, as required
- Build and develop new team members as it pertains to pipe preparation
- Work with other pipe leads to develop and maintain process based off best practices
- Maintain Work Place Organization standards throughout the work area
- Work to continuously improve all areas of responsibility
- Work occasional overtime or night shifts when the schedule deems necessary
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work and communicate well with internal customers to receive and work with data
- Knowledge of pipe materials
- General computer skills; comfort with and willingness to learn new software
- Material input, programing, and nesting experience preferred
- Ability to develop team members
- Ability to develop and maintain processes
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Full-Time; 40 hours per week; normal hours of work 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
Please submit a completed employment application to Tweet/Garot’s Human Resources Department ([email protected] or 325 Reid Street De Pere, WI 54115). Applications are located on our website
(http://tweetgarot.com/careers/) or in-person at our Corporate Office in De Pere, WI.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com