Tweet/Garot is seeking a Project Accountant at our corporate office in De Pere, WI. In this role, you will assist in financially managing construction projects, including the processing of customer billing, review of new project setup, and project close-out. You will apply generally accepted accounting principles to all transactions and procedures and ensure that all transactional data is entered and executed accurately while meeting the highest standards of quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Description of Duties:
• Collaborate with project managers and process customer invoices
• Review contracts, change orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or agreements
• Process customer change orders, lien waivers, and other required closeout documents
• Perform review of outstanding A/R balances and follow-up on past dues as necessary
• Complete customer reference requests and balance inquiries as requested
• Reconcile discrepancies by checking sources of disagreement, communicating with those involved, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepares correction documents as required
• Reconcile various general ledger accounts and prepare assigned journal entries
• Prepare and send customer accounts statements
• Support month-end and year-end closing processes
• Performs intercompany reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Maintains accounting records in a neat and orderly manner including electronic records
• Creates and maintains various Excel spreadsheets for tracking, reconciling, and reporting of financial data
• Attends meetings and interacts with internal customers as necessary
• Implements and maintains acceptable accounting practices as required by Company policy and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and as affected by local conditions
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills with the capacity to multitask, efficiently plan, and prioritize to ensure all deadlines are met
• Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced and high growth environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Very good analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Must have strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and accounting software
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
• Confidentiality and integrity is a must
• Occasional travel to the in-state regional office may be required
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, Wrightstown, and Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER