The Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple projects from concept (lead) to completion ensuring the customer is 100% satisfied with the work performed. Markets include healthcare, commercial, and manufacturing. High degree of leadership in commercial sheet metal HVAC and project management is required to ensure the timely delivery of projects and initiatives.
Description of Duties:
• Monitor and maintain customer relationships to cultivate leads and opportunities within the market sector.
• Understand project documentation such as drawings, material lists, schematics, P&ID’s and general arrangement drawings.
• Provides constructive input entire project proposals prior to submission and participate in project interviews.
• Negotiating and interpreting contracts.
• Follow an effective site safety program that is in place to identify and correct safety hazards, respond to safety audit findings, reinforces safety practices, attitudes and make sure all employees attend and participate in safety meetings.
• Analyze a project during all phases and develop alternative methods to shorten schedules and increase profits.
• Develops project cost tracking and productivity tools for ensuring project productivity goals.
• Develops project staffing and manpower plans.
• Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of subcontractors to ensure effective performance in accordance with contract terms, project schedules, and requirements of the client.
• Tracks change orders and communicate them to the client for approval as they occur.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the commercial sheet metal HVAC construction industry is required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Project Manager in the commercial sheet metal HVAC construction industry.
• A college degree or a 5-year trade apprenticeship is preferred.
• Background in commercial sheet metal HVAC.
• Experience managing new construction and maintenance projects.
• Intermediate general computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer.
• Daily office tasks will require periods of walking and standing and may require some light lifting of boxes or office equipment.
• Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment, when required.
• Occasional travel maybe required to manage projects.
• On-Site management will be required depending on project size and complexity.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER