The Risk Manager will oversee the organization’s comprehensive contractual and insurance risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security or financial success of the organization.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organization.
• Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports and market trends.
• Reviews and assesses risk management protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements. Works closely with Safety team to ensure policies and proper training are in effect and up to date for all employees.
• Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
• Drafts and prepares risk reports and proposals to CFO.
• Manages insurance claims of the organization, including but not limited to general liability and auto claims.
• Provide forecasting and tracking of insurance spend and total cost of risk related to insurance claims.
• Assists with the workers’ compensation claims management, issuing and obtaining claim paperwork, collecting statements, and coordinating with Safety on doctor’s notes and return to work programs.
• Works closely with Safety team to investigate incidents/injuries to mitigate financial exposure.
• Reviews customer and vendor contracts to identify risks to the organization; collaborates with customers, vendors and/or suppliers to agree on equitable terms which fairly represent all parties’ interests.
• Works closely with Director of Accounting on annual insurance renewal process including preparing applications and supporting documentation, analyzing and proposing additional coverages per risk assessment results and vetting out carrier proposals.
• Conduct regular internal audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Degree or experience in Risk Management, Corporate Law, Finance or other related field.
• At least 2 years of related experience required.
• Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent math and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; organization and attention to detail.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER