The Safety Manager is responsible for Safety programs and focuses on preventing workplace accidents by promoting health and safety awareness to all employees. This role helps to ensures that facilities are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and the appropriate programs are developed and carried out. Is a support representative for the employer in insurance investigations, OSHA hearings, etc.
This position has direct reports and is responsible for leading a team of safety coordinators to support and execute safety programs.
Description of Duties:
• Support creation and implement of workplace health and safety plans and procedures
• Coach, mentor, managing the day-to-day activities of the safety direct reports
• Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines
• Conduct accident prevention training and health and safety training
• Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions
• Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies
• Investigate accidents and incidents to find the cause and take preventive measures for further incidents, which includes on call responsibilities
• Disciplining employees and subcontractors who fail to comply with minimum safety standards
• Involved in worker’s compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
• Establish safety performance metrics, both leading and lagging indicators
• Suggest solutions, improvements, and prevention steps for safety issues
• Maintains accident and insurance records as required by OSHA
• Conducts comprehensive safety audits
• Maintain internal safety files and records
• Plan, implement, and conduct training curriculum
• Conduct internal compliance audits and risk assessments to ensure effective and consistent implementation
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree in occupational, environmental health and safety or a related field
• Supervisor experience of 3-5 years of leading others and a team required
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards
• OSHA 30 certification or equivalent safety and health training
• Strong understanding of generally industry standards preferred
• Ability to lead and teach others
• Great attention to detail
• Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms
• Provide coaching and support to construction field operations
• Ability to travel to customer site locations
• Ability to walk extensively, climb stairs and ladders or scaffolds throughout diverse work environments as required by business demands
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER