The Sheet Metal Estimator will analyze RFQ/RFP’s, and other documentation to prepare a quality bid for our customers in a timely manner. This position will require a strong working relationship with Account/Project Managers in the Food and Beverage Marketplace to prepare time, cost, and estimates to develop the best possible proposals, projects, products, or services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately perform takeoffs and compile estimates for Food and Beverage Equipment Projects and other industrial sheet metal projects.
• Compute cost factors and preparing estimates, organize, and schedule work; prepare bids; selecting Vendors or Subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
• Assist with research to establish accurate hourly productivity rates or other related cost data.
• Work closely with the Account/Project manager to coordinate the bid process
• Consult with Subcontractors, Vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, and resolve issues.
• Assist with analyzing completed projects, comparing the estimated costs to actual costs, and determining reasons for any discrepancies.
• Provide improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
• Maintain thorough records of all project document.
• Perform additional duties as assignments by the Estimating Director.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• 5 or more years of construction-related experience.
• Knowledge of the Sheet Metal industry with a great understanding of the Food and Beverage Equipment market is preferred.
• Basic estimating knowledge.
• Organized with the ability to coordinate data and plans.
• Detail-orientated work methods that maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, estimating hardware and software.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
• Strong analytic ability and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate strong motivational and leadership skills to ensure that bids are supported by all team members.
• Demonstrate ability to extrapolate knowledge gained from lessons learned and apply to future bids.
• Adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
• Occasional travel to job sites may be required.
• Interpretation and understanding of construction schedules.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in work schedule and hours to meet due dates.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wisconsin Rapids, Wrightstown, and Tomahawk Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER