The Sheet Metal Estimator will analyze RFQ/RFP’s, and other documentation to prepare a quality bid for our customers in a timely manner. This position will require a strong working relationship with Account/Project Managers in the Food and Beverage Marketplace to prepare time, cost, and estimates to develop the best possible proposals, projects, products, or services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately perform takeoffs and compile estimates for Food and Beverage Equipment Projects and other industrial sheet metal projects.
• Compute cost factors and preparing estimates, organize, and schedule work; prepare bids; selecting Vendors or Subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
• Assist with research to establish accurate hourly productivity rates or other related cost data.
• Work closely with the Account/Project manager to coordinate the bid process
• Consult with Subcontractors, Vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, and resolve issues.
• Assist with analyzing completed projects, comparing the estimated costs to actual costs, and determining reasons for any discrepancies.
• Provide improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
• Maintain thorough records of all project document.
• Perform additional duties as assignments by the Estimating Director.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• 5 or more years of construction-related experience.
• Knowledge of the Sheet Metal industry with a great understanding of the Food and Beverage Equipment market is preferred.
• Basic estimating knowledge.
• Organized with the ability to coordinate data and plans.
• Detail-orientated work methods that maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, estimating hardware and software.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
• Strong analytic ability and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate strong motivational and leadership skills to ensure that bids are supported by all team members.
• Demonstrate ability to extrapolate knowledge gained from lessons learned and apply to future bids.
• Adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
• Occasional travel to job sites may be required.
• Interpretation and understanding of construction schedules.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in work schedule and hours to meet due dates.
Tweet/Garot is an Equal Opportunity Employer