The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing all scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, inventory, and logistics activities, as well as maintenance activities for tools and equipment.
The Supply Chain Manager will regularly identify, execute, and verify significant process improvement activities. This role will leverage team performance metrics to drive action and actively work with team members to ensure all product is being supplied to internal customers on time, with high quality and minimal cost. This role will work cross-functionally with Production, Installation, and Project/Account Management to provide support and to collaborate on business improvement ideas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train, mentor, and develop all individual team members.
• Develop a cohesive team that partners to solve problems and is aligned around central business goals.
• Negotiate vendor and supplier agreements to achieve optimal contracts and pricing; seek lower cost raw material and other purchased material options and secondary suppliers.
• Interview, identify and qualify potential new vendors and suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of materials and products.
• Establish sound purchase order policies to minimize invoice discrepancies and maximize AP efficiency.
• Provide direction for shipping operations to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery to customers.
• Develop and implement formal plans regarding scrap and obsolete inventory.
• Responsible for the Materials, Small Tools and Manufactured Equipment budgets.
• Lead the development of Supply Chain team Key Performance Indicators to monitor and improve delivery, quality, cost, and internal customer service.
• Lead vendor performance tracking and problem solving.
• Create and implement sustainable processes, including, but not limited to, line-side material replenishment, purchasing automation, accurate tool tracking and reporting, equipment budgeting, cycle counting, and preventative maintenance.
• Initiate, support, and execute continuous improvement projects.
Preferred Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of Lean Manufacturing/Supply Chain leadership experience
• Formal education in lean manufacturing, supply chain, industrial engineering, business, or other related field preferred
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills, and the ability to design and implement change
• Proven leader in a cross-functional, matrix environment
• Ability and desire to regularly work within a team to develop mutually beneficial solutions
• Problem Solving and Logical Analysis
• Lean Concepts, Lean Tools and Lean Planning
• Self-motivated, open minded, and results and action oriented
• Experience and high comfort level with various ERP and data management systems, SAP preferred
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER