The Tool Crib Manager oversees our tool crib operations and is responsible for efficiently managing the inventory, distribution, and maintenance of tools within our Wrightstown shop. This role will lead a team to ensure that all tools are readily available, properly maintained, and accessible to our various job sites and shop employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise tool crib staff and maintenance, providing guidance and support.
• Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, and performance management.
Tool Crib Responsibilities
• Prepare tools for various jobs to support our shop and crews working on jobs in state and out of state.
• Maintain accurate records of all tools in the tool crib with our software.
• Conduct regular safety inspections on tools and equipment.
• Establish and enforce preventive maintenance schedules for all tools.
• Coordinate repairs or replacements as necessary, collaborating with maintenance teams.
• Ensure tools are cleaned, calibrated, and in compliance with safety standards.
• Ensure that tools are appropriately labeled for easy identification.
• Monitor and approval of truck maintenance, along with reporting of truck utilization
• Collaborate with vendors to source new tools and equipment.
• Maintain detailed records of repairs, replacements, and any incidents related to tools.
• Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Proven experience as a Tool Crib Manager or in a similar role.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, and safety regulations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Proficient in using inventory management software.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
• Familiarity with procurement processes and vendor management.
• Leadership and supervisory experience.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER