The Virtual Design Manager will lead a team of designers on projects, be responsible for ductwork and piping coordination, and produce deliverables for shop fabrication and field installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Manage team workloads and assign appropriate personnel to projects.
• Work with project managers to maintain milestones in project schedules.
• Work with estimating on validating virtual construction estimates
• Develop and maintain virtual construction processes and standards.
• Develop and maintain team metrics.
• Work with database manager on project profile needs and content development.
• Create 3D models from 2D plans and schematic drawings.
• Identify the technical scope of effort, including major HVAC, plumbing and mechanical equipment.
• Convert and coordinate placement of equipment and components for Custom AHU’s, Central Plant Systems, Mechanical Systems, and HVAC systems.
• Ensure customer technical requirements are addressed in design throughout development process.
• Provide updates to Project Management on Virtual Construction project status.
• Understand Stratus workflow into manufacturing and project management and lead team through the evolution of a digital workflow
• Ensure workflow’s are being followed from the PVS as well as documenting evolution of process’s with equipment and technology.
• Assign team members to assist with constructability QA/QC on design build projects with engineering.
• 3 years of experience in a Management Position.
• Advanced user in Autodesk Revit software suite.
• Advanced user in Autodesk Fabrication Suite.
• Understanding of HVAC, Plumbing and Process Piping systems, applications and constructability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and web-based applications.
• Possess and maintain a positive attitude and teamwork approach, project collaboration, problem solving, and delivery.
• Be able to balance multiple needs from both internal and external customers.
• Ability to interface with customers of both industrial and commercial mechanical environments
• Knowledge of IMC, IECC, IFGC, and IBC current versions.
• Mechanical, electrical, controls, and instrumentation systems knowledge and experience.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere, Wrightstown, Wisconsin Rapids, Tomahawk, and Altoona Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER