The Custom Equipment Design Engineer will create drawings and specifications, perform calculations, review the work of other engineers and designers, write reports and evaluations. This role requires a solid understanding of metal fabrication & welding practices so they can lead projects from all areas of the company. Potential travel to customer locations to aid in troubleshooting or collaboration of designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish project scope and manage the project to meet customer requirements
• Must have the ability to lead, communicate and give direction to design team members
• Manage projects from initial customer contact thru installation assistance with minimal supervision
• Design project solutions and fabrication documents with focus on accuracy, clarity, and constructability
• Familiar with Autodesk Vault or similar software systems
• Follows Tweet/Garot CED modeling, drawing and numbering standards
• Create models, drawings, layouts, production drawings (detail and assembly drawings) and construction installation drawings
• Provide preliminary drawings, calculations, sizing of equipment and design/hours to assist in estimating
• Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings
• Communicates with the shop fabrication team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Willing to learn new processes in the industry such as: Autodesk ReCap, Navisworks, Autodesk Revit, Faro Scene, etc.
• Research and develop new methods & tools to improve the product and development process
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• 10+ years of experience in the food and beverage/sanitary industries
• 10+ years of experience utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD or comparable software to generate 3D models
• Structural engineering background with Wisconsin PE a plus
• Working knowledge of Autodesk Vault or similar software systems
• Understanding of metal fabrication & welding practices
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Viewpoint
• Proven record of remaining organized and taking action with difficult situation or projects
• Able to effectively define, manage, and communicate priorities
• Self-motivated, open-minded, results and action-oriented
Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. is a mechanical contracting company with offices in De Pere and Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Tweet/Garot has been in business since 1897. Our business consists of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning systems, and process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services. We also design, manufacture, and install food processing equipment. We service what we install by providing our customers with a full range of HVAC and plumbing service and maintenance.
We know our success is our people! We want you to love what you do, at Tweet/Garot our employees matter. Joining our team is your opportunity to be your personal best.
We offer employees meaningful benefits, including health insurance plans, 401(k), company-sponsored life insurance, a generous paid-time-off package, on-the-job training, and opportunities to grow and develop.
TWEET/GAROT MECHANICAL, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER