To create a friction-free mechanical experience.
With more than 120 years of experience and over 155,000 square feet of manufacturing space, Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. effectively services our customers throughout Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, and the US. We are licensed to work in more than 35 states across the country and will follow our customers wherever they need us.
Markets We Serve
Over 120 years of success means we’ve provided professional
mechanical contracting to a variety of markets.
Food & Beverage
Sports & Recreation
Pulp & Paper
What We Do
Since 1897, our business has involved the design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems, process and boiler piping, as well as building automation services.
Featured examples that showcase Tweet/Garot’s experience and capabilities at customer locations throughout the United States.
ThedaCare Regional Cancer Center
After completion of the ThedaCare Regional Cancer Center, the Fox Valley provides close-to-home cancer care for its surrounding communities. The utilization of pitch planning allowed all trade partners to flow through the installation process with greater efficiency and helped to facilitate timely fabrication and assembly deliveries. The successful integration and collaboration of the team was critical due to a tight, 1-year schedule allotted for design and construction completion.
With Tweet/Garot as the engineer of record, we were able to provide the owner with the lowest cost, top tier operating mechanical system, all while meeting the schedule.
Design/Build: Preconstruction Methods
- BIM: Multi-trade coordination resulting in fewer RFI’s, change orders and reduction in overall project install schedule.
- Pitch Planning: Allowed quicker hand-off of project areas to incoming team members, creating a shorter overall schedule duration.
- Component Teams: Removed obstacles and aligned resources to enhance communication and create buy-in.
- A3: Lean Construction tool used to analyze systems and equipment for maximized operational performance in a continuous improvement environment.
- Prefabrication: Utilizing hanger racks across trades resulted in reduced on-site labor and materials costs to the owner.
Acuity Insurance Headquarters
Upon the completion of the massive expansion, Acuity Insurance completed a $170 million project that doubled the headquarters to nearly 1 million square feet. Tweet/Garot was a key partner with the owner and construction teams for the entirety of the project, responsible for approximately plumbing and HVAC. The project has transformed the campus through the following phases:
- South Parking Structure: A 640 car parking structure with the Central Utility Plant located in the basement of the structure. The Central Utility Plant (CUP) has 2 large Air Handling Units to supply humidity and tempered air for Acuity employees on the South Side of the building.
- North Parking Structure: A mirror image of the South Structure with a Central Utility Plant located in the basement as well as supplying humidity and tempered air to Acuity employees on the North Side of the building. The north CUP houses one 900 ton chiller along with 2 additional 185 ton chillers.
- South Wing Build-Out: This build-out added 50,000 square feet of space on the second floor of the existing headquarters.
- Northwest Building Addition: This two story addition with a basement mechanical room to accommodate future growth
- Existing Building Enhancements: The current North building mechanical system is being updated to account for future growth and bring the mechanical systems to today’s standards.
- Galleria West: This addition consists of training space, dining space, mezzanine level, along with a completed basement which houses an expanded fitness and locker room area.
- Southeast Building Addition: This building houses a two story open office
- Galleria East: As the unmistakable showcase for Acuity, this addition features a 2000 seat theatre hall with a round balcony including restrooms and a new mechanical system. Two large Air Handling Units along with 33 fan powered VAV’s supply the exact temperatures needed to keep Acuity employees comfortable.
- Southeast Building Addition: This building houses a two story open office space with mechanical a system in the basement.
Design/Assist Services: Preconstruction Methods
- BIM: Multi-trade coordination resulting in fewer RFI’s, change orders overall project schedule
- Robotic Total Station: Concrete anchors were installed prior to pour saving time and reducing hazards
- Component Teams: Removed obstacles and aligned resources to enhance communication and create buy in
- A3: Lean Construction tool to analyze systems and equipment to drive to the owner in a continuous improvement environment
- Prefabrication: Pipe racks were made in manufacturing facility and shipped on site reducing installation time and mitigating the safety risk
Our clients appreciate the journey as we work toward creating a customer experience that is second to none. From the beginning of your project to the end and throughout the life of your building, Tweet/Garot is committed to our client’s dedication to excellence.
Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists
Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists (OSMS) is a physician owned orthopedic, sports medicine, and rheumatologic practice located in the Fox Valley area. The 60,000 sq ft facility houses a walk-in acute injury clinic, a full scope of surgical (4 operating rooms) and non-surgical orthopedic care, procedure rooms, physical and occupational therapy, and rheumatologic care.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical provided and installed comprehensive HVAC, Plumbing, Medical Gas and Building Automation solutions for the facility including:
- 2 – 1500 MBH condensing hot water boilers
- 5 – Roof mounted air handling units w/steam humidification
- 96 – Variable air volume terminal units
- 8 – Exhaust systems
- 5 – Ductless split systems
- Medical gas systems: oxygen/medical air/medical vacuum/nitrous oxide
- 2 – 200 MBH domestic water heaters
Although the project was completed on an accelerated schedule, it was completed on time through strong design coordination with our internal experts and an aggressive composite manpower.
Prospera Credit Union
The goal for this project was to create a highly visible branch and have a clean, modern look. Design for both the plumbing and HVAC systems were completed by Tweet/Garot Mechanical. Reviewing the lifecycle cost evaluation for multiple systems, the owner was able to confidently make a mechanical system selection that aligned with their lifetime vision for the new building.
Integration between our Tweet/Garot sourced Tridium building automation platform and the packaged RTU controllers was imperative. This pairing afforded the owner to meet their specific occupant comfort needs while maintaining a high bar of energy efficiency.
Tweet/Garot was able to provide the owner with a clean and highly effective air system by utilizing both a final filter curb and bi-polar ionization. This addressed the current concerns of the COVID pandemic while also ensuring the IAQ was well above the industry average.
Recessed destratification fans, architectural slots, and electric baseboard provided a clean feel while strategically addressing the large storefront windows of the lobby.
Lean thinking in time of crisis. In a response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc. (De Pere, WI), along with the team of HGA, Boldt and Faith Technologies, collaborated to design an acute care solution in under two weeks. The team set out to achieve three major project goals: provide hospital level clinical care via a modular, prefabricated rapid response solution. At Boldt’s facility in Appleton, the manufacturing team utilized pull-plan sessions to streamline the production process. From start to finish, a module can be completed in less than 10 days. Modular components were designed to maximize transportation constraints using the “C-Can” mindset. As a result, the modular solution allows for true expandability with little design modifications needed to scale bed capacity. Tweet/Garot provided HVAC, plumbing and medical gas services for this project.
With most team members working remote, the project kicked off with a “virtual” big room where component teams worked through design constraints and constructability challenges while considering an “off the shelf” approach – such as a standard HVAC rooftop unit retrofitted to meet isolation room requirements. Utilizing a one-model approach, component teams were able to start clash detection while the design continued to evolve.
A 140,000 square foot expansion for a Starbucks soluble products plant created space for an additional six new whole bean roasters, allowing the plant to offer packaged coffee to Starbucks stores and retail locations in the Northeast and Southeast United States. The existing two roasters produce Starbucks VIA® Instant, as well as the coffee base for Frappuccino® blended beverages and many of Starbucks bottled and canned beverages.
Tweet/Garot Mechanical was instrumental in the successful completion of the project by providing process pipe craftsmen, certified structural steel welders and qualified riggers for the following mechanical and equipment fabrication services:
- Nitrogen Piping Installation
- Dust Collection Relocation
- Mechanical Utilities Installation
- Roaster Deck Floor Penetrations
- Packaging and Palletizing Installation
- Roaster Receiving Hopper Support Stand
- Super Sack Relocation
- Cablevey Support Stand
- Receiving Hopper Support Structure
The Receiving Hopper Support Structure alone is an impressive 135’L x 14’W x 35’H, requiring 143,889 lbs of steel, 23,861 assembly parts and 5,117 bolts.
This large-scale, tight-deadline project required precise fabrication accuracy, timely site staging and a safety-focused field crew.